Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Check in 12/13/10
lupylisa44 posted:
Hey all!

Happy Monday!

I wish I would start feeling better! Still having tendon pain that starts at night. Doctor has ruled out lupus, and since the steroid increase didn't do anything, he now thinks it may be fibro, but the increased elavil seems to do nothing to make it better either. I am now wondering if it could be my hormones causing this. I still can't figure hout why it is so difficult to find the right levels!!!

Still thinking of not putting up a tree or any decorations this year. Just no energy to do it. I'm going to be one of those 'bah humbug' scroogy people this Christmas!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

allie_bf responded:
Hope you're feeling better soon. Is there any chance you've had an antibiotic recently? I've had tendonitis as a side effect twice now after rounds of Levaquin (Cipro is in the same class, but it's Levaquin that seems to be the most strongly associated with tendonitis.) The first time it was so bad that I was wondering if I had broken my wrist, but at least the second time I was prepared for the possibility, and started with resting my arm earlier. Just a thought. Take it easy, but see if someone can help you get those decorations up so that you can fully enjoy the holidays.

pugpuppy responded:
I hope everyone starts to feel better this week. Maybe that would be a great gift foe all of us to get;o)
I am feeling better no more chest pain like befor, my glands in my neck fee lsore but that gets better each day as well. i have been doing alot of sleeping so I think my body could be just healing still and getting a feel for missing a peace of the puzzle....I go to see the Dr. on thurs. for my last check up after the surgery maybe he will give me the ok to lift normal now, not used to only lifting nothing more then what a gal. of milk weighs.
waves of hugs
There cannot be a crissis next week. My schedule is already full. Henry Kissinger

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
14 of 14 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.