Skip to content
Tuesday's Group Grumbles 3/1/11
Andie_WebMD_Staff posted:
It's here at last! The post you have been waiting for to just give you a reason to release all that stress you've been carrying around trying to keep your lips sealed.

Venting is what this post is all about. Jump in and share what has you grumbling and find support through those tough moments that make you want to string someone up by their toes!

Or maybe it's a grumble that is more melancholy....Lupus symptoms have you flat on your back? Doctors giving you the run around? Feeling depressed or frustrated?

What's going on, Lupies? Anything making you grumble lately that you'd like to get off your chest?

:)

Lupylisa44 responded:
No grumb;es from me this week for a change!!! I'm not going to question it. I'll just be happy!
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

MIBeth responded:
Hi Andie,
I recently had surgery for ovarian cancer (doc said she got it all) and as the result, I acquired an abscess near my belly button incision that needed to be drained. She sent the "yucky stuff" to pathology and it came back with, what she's calling, random cancer cells.
With my lupus, I and the doc, don't want me to have any chemo or radiation. She states that I have a better chance not treating, that with treating.
I guess I'm grumbling because I never thought lupus would have this kind of impact on my life. I can deal with the joint pain and other nonsense, but I don't think I was expecting this. I guess this is my "grumble". Have you had any experience with Lupus vs cancer?

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to MIBeth's response:
Hi MlBeth,

I'm so very sorry to hear of your recent diagnosis! You have a right to grumble a lot more than this forum could hold.

I don't have much experience with cancer, other than what I learned while moderating the Breast Cancer community. Which is quite different, I believe.

When you say 'random', does that mean your doctor does not know where the cells are centralized?

I encourage you to ask Dr. Zelman in a separate post about any experience he has had with his lupus patients and cancer. He may be able to offer some support, as would the members on our Cancer Community .

Use this WebMD guide to Choose the Best Cancer Treatmen t for yourself, and please keep us updated.

((((Hugs))))

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.