Skip to content
the website is doing it again...grr!!!
lisaisweavebee posted:
I posted a new discusion 15 minutes ago and it STILL has not shown up on the home page...are they EVER going to get the kinks out of this site?!?

Andie_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Lisa,

Sorry to hear your post was experiencing some lag yesterday. I do get that sometimes, too.

Did you try refreshing the page? Or did you go to the Discussions page to check if it was showing there?

Sometimes if a post doesn't show right away in the What's Happening Now feed, we can still find it on the Discussions page. Also try a refresh (or two) on this page, and you will usually see that your post is there.

As always, the best action to take when you're experiencing any technical difficulties on our site is to write CommunityManagement@webmd.net and our Development Team will get on it ASAP.

Thanks for your continued patience!!

~Andie

lisaisweavebee replied to Andie_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi Andie,

I tried refreshing, I checked under discussions, I left the site completely and came back....several times. I debated on whether to keep waiting or to retype it all over again. Finally, after 15 full minutes it showed up.

Another thing that happens to me once in awhile (actually it just did a few minutes ago) is I will reply to a post and it will tell me that the site is unavailable and try again later and my entire post will be lost. This causes me to say a few bad words while retyping my entire post again.

Wish this site would finally get it's act together...course about the time it does, they will "improve" it again.

Grumpy Lisa

lisaisweavebee responded:
Hi Andie,

I swear I'm going to string the technicians up by their feet...I just typed a long answer to you about my first complaint about lag time and all the things I tried - refreshing, checking under discussions, leaving the site entirely and returning....nothing worked.. and how it took 15 full minutes before the post finally appeared...and when I hit submit it tells me that Webmd is not available and to try again later. This happens to me all the time (already twice tonight) !! My entire posts will be lost and I have to start all over again.

I swear I'm about to walk-

Grumpy Lisa

Andie_WebMD_Staff replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
Hi Lisa,

Ugh...I know tech issues are a pain to deal with. I'm so sorry that this keeps happening to you and can totally understand why you would now be "Grumpy Lisa"!

Because I'm on our site all day and work across several different boards, I experience the same issues at times. Certain boards may never have a tech issue like this at all, but I guess we are one of the unlucky ones.

We are listening, and I am sending your feedback on up the chain, as always. I am POSITIVE this is being worked on and the Development Team is looking at all the possible ways to improve...unfortunately, there is a domino affect where one issue can't be fixed until this "other" one is changed.

I'm not a Tech, so I don't fully understand all of this, but I'm hoping that the emails you've been sending to CommunityManagement@webmd.net will get a response and you'll get a better explanation.

One more thing you might try so you can at least save your post in case it disappears (which most of the time it doesn't, it's just extreme lag):

You can copy your response and save it in notepad before clicking submit. If you highlight and then right click they won't see a "copy" option, so you'll have to just hit Ctrl C to copy it (and then Ctrl P to paste it back if needed).

I also use a little Firefox add on called Lazarus Form Recovery . It saves temporary copy of any forms you've filled out and with a couple clicks you can recover & repost.

Hope some of this helps until we get things ironed out. If there was anything more I could do to help, you know I would!! Keeping my fingers crossed and hoping the lag improves like, NOW!

~Andie

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.