Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Check in 4/11/11
lupylisa44 posted:
Hi Everyome! It's Check in time!!!

Another busy week on tap for me! Today I'm gettin my hairs did!! tomorrow I have PT and appointements everyday this week! Oh, and I have to do my taxes! I never put off doing them til the last minute, at least I never did before. It's just hard for me to sit there and concentrate when my neck hurts so badly!

I still haven't heard from that neck doctor who was supposed to get me in for an injection-I think I may consider going somewhere else if I don't hear anything by this afternoon! I am still in severe pain, so it's not very nice of them to put me off!

gotta run! have a good week!

lisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

allie_bf responded:
I hope you can get in soon. My cervical epidural was such a blessing. I know that the pain may come back, but just to have it gone for awhile now (it's been almost 3 months since the last injection in mid-January) is tremendous. I'm doing physical therapy exercises twice daily to keep my muscles strong/not spasming, but now (unlike before the injection,) they actually seem to work.

lisaisweavebee responded:
Hey Lisa,

I have a busy week planned. I go back to see the surgeon for a pre-op (I have questions)about getting the mass (finally!!!) out of my maxillary sinus.

I'm also back at the wedding cake business, so I will be busy with brides this week.

Wish the rain would stop so I can get out in the garden!

Hope everyone has a pain free week!

Lisa

lupylisa44 replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
Lisa

-did they get your biopsy back?

Lisa

lisaisweavebee replied to lupylisa44's response:
Yep and it turned out to be some thick glob of crap - course, that's not what the doctor called it but that's what he meant anyway. lol

I have the surgery to remove it next week and I'm nervous about it. I trust the doctor but can't stand the hospital he uses.

I'm am SO SICK of always having something wrong...it gets so old!!!

How's your neck? Did the doc ever call you?

Lisa

lupylisa44 replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
Lisa

That sounds really gross!!! I get a cyst in my left sinus and all they do is pop it and irrigate it. Just that gives me the willies! Hopefully you will get some relief once it's removed!

Check to see if the hospital has any cases of MRSA before you agree to the operation!!!

Doctor's office did finally call-going to meet the guy on Thurs and getting the injections Next week

LL

lisaisweavebee replied to lupylisa44's response:
I wish this was just a simple cyst to pop but he said he was going to have to go in at the gumline and drill a hole through the bone, remove the mass and then shave some of bone in the sinus cavity down where it sat (not sure why he's doing that - guess to make sure he gets it all?). He said if he didn't remove it all it would grow back. And whatever this thing is, it puts so much pressure on the surrounding bone that it breaks the bones and destroys it...weird, if you ask me. I will stay a night in the hospital.

I just hate big city hospitals...come to think of it, I hate big cities period. I'm more of a country girl.

I hope the injections help you. Being in pain all the time is the pits....I think it's been four years since I was out of pain...sad but true!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.