Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
WOW! - Check this out - WebMD Lupus TV!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Grab your favorite beverage, sit down and take some time to watch this great new series on WebMD Community TV hosted by Christine Miserandino.

Community TV: Speaking of Lupus

The episodes include:
  • Advice for Newly Diagnosis
  • Lupus Secret Language
  • Managing Lupus Meds
  • We Are Lupus Survivors
These real life conversations will make you want to climb through your computer screen and join in.

I am anxious to hear what you think. Take a look and then come back to talk about these programs.

Elizabeth

gringa1 responded:
Wow, as I sat here watching, I was thinking I am a fighter, but yet I don't know how to say "no" when I'm feeling sick, when my joints hurt and my chronic headaches. I also was wondering, how you all are taking so many meds, and when will I get to that point. Thats when I got scared. I'm just on cymbalta, Ibuprofen,vitamin D. I was taking tramadol, more than likely will be starting plaquenil. I'm scared and worried what my future will be like.
It is hard to believe we sick, when we look good on the outside.

Christine Miserandino replied to gringa1's response:
I am so excited about these videos! Everyone worked so hard on them and I am really proud of how they came out. I am hoping they will be a great resource. It was an honor to be apart of them!
- Christine Miserandino

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Christine Miserandino's response:
Not having lupus and being a newbie with this community, I feel so fortunate to have these videos. Really gives me an insight into your disease and lives, an appreciation of what you are going through just to get through your day.

Looking forward to hearing what our members think!

Elizabeth

KimSchofield replied to gringa1's response:
I understand how people look good on the outside while inside their body says something totally different. Looks can be very deceiving and how we feel matters more to us, then how we look. The important thing is communicating how you feel to others especially your docs and developing a treatment plan that addresses concerns about meds, lifestyle and future. Lupus is not a period or explanation point rather a comma until the rest of the story is complete.

NicFran75 replied to Christine Miserandino's response:
Hello Chris,

I really enjoyed the video discussions on Lupus TV...I would like to know, how can I share them on my facebook page...so that I can allow close friends and family to see the videos..thank you!

:)

NicFran75 responded:
Hi Elizabeth,

How are you!?!

Yes....the real life conversations made me really want to join the group discussion...I think this was a fantastic idea. I would also like to know, how can one become a guess on Lupus TV. Is it only open to to Lupus patients who live in Christine's area?
Please let me know as I am welling and would like to be on the show to discuss coping mechanisms.

Thank You!

Regards,
Nicfran

SoCalSuz replied to NicFran75's response:
Cool!

I'm so thankful for this community's great information and support! It's nice to know I'm not alone :)

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.