Skip to content
hello
squirmy1963 posted:
Just checking in. I started using this discussion group when I was first diagnosed 8 or 9 years ago. My mother also has Lupus, and this is a wonderful resource.

It's been awhile, but I had back surgery in March. The first few weeks I did fine. But, with docs okay and some restrictions like I went to visit my daughter, my grandson, and my son-in-law a marine, for 2 weeks.
I had the greatest time, spent nearly every minute with my grandson who is now 17 months old. He and my daughter lived with us for 7 months, while Daddy was deployed.

Anyway, needless to say i wrecked my new back, but it was worth it. Had no pain while there, but after, I am having a lot of pain. i see surgeon soon and the x-ray will hopefully show no damage. It feels more like muscle pain.

But my Lupus is fairly quiet, I've been getting good sleep, and that always helps.

How is everyone here these days?

lisaisweavebee responded:
Hey Squirmy!! Glad to see you back!!! I wish more of the old lupies would return...so many left after the last "improvement" WebMd made.

I hope it's just a muscle pull with your back and that a little rest is all you need to get better.

Please hang around and post - this board is in desperate need for the oldies to return!!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.