Skip to content
medrol shortage
nancyj95 posted:
Anyone using Medrol and unable to obtain? I've been on it for more than 10 years and was just told by the pharmacy that it is not currently being produced.

lupylisa44 responded:
I have not heard of this shortage. I take medrol 4mg tablets and just got my 90 day supply a couple of weeks ago. I checked the FDA drug shortage list and it is not there. http://www.fda.gov/Drugs/DrugSafety/DrugShortages/ucm050792.htm

It could be that your pharmacy's supplier ran out and has to restock. Have you checked another pharmacy in your area to see if they have any? I will be in big trouble if I can't get medrol since prednisone makes me crazy (literally-like psych ward crazy)

What area of the country are you in? Please let us know whether or not you are able to find it

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

kozinski responded:
Google: Cadista Medrol March recall
Several manufacturers are recalling Medrol due to "eroded or low weight" tablets and expect a shortage until July.
My pharmacy is out, too. I am going to call my doctor to see if there is anything else to use. Hope so, good luck.

nancyj95 replied to lupylisa44's response:
I'm in NY (on Long Island). If you look at the pharmacists site, they will tell you that the four generic manufacturers are all backordered with materials needed to produce it: www.ashp.org/drugshortages/curren/tbulletin
The only one with any kind of a release date gives mid-July-so be happy you got your supply. My rheumy says many of his patients are experiencing the same problem. He put me on prednisone and I don't feel it is as effective and I just feel different. I'm going away next week and have saved my last 2 week supply to take with me so I'll feel more normal.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.