Skip to content
Blister on forehead
gringa1 posted:
I've been having small sores in my mouth, and just notice a blister on my forehead, can anyone explain this to me.....what the heck is going on??

ReneeNF responded:
I myself had never had any blisters on my skin, up untill last year. I started to get them when my rhuemy. put me on the hydroxchlorin... (spelled wrong)... the blisters in my mouth got so bad i couldnt even eat. My face got very bad also.. looked like my skin was peeling away. The doctor took me off that medicine.... and now im on cellcept, which has made my blisters better.. but still have not completly gone away....
But these blisters are useually cause from discoid lupus...
I would talk to your doctor....
good luck

gringa1 replied to ReneeNF's response:
That's interesting, I'm also hydroxychlor, I've been on it for a month now and I've had a few sores in my mouth too, but are now gone. My pallet is very sore, difficult to certain foods at times. Will have to see if all this still persist before I see my rhuemy.
Thanks for your reply.

ReneeNF replied to gringa1's response:
When my doctor switched me over to the cellcept, many of the blisters have gone away, and my face isnt peeling away either!! which wasnt fun. Also if you need to cover these blisters up, a great make up is Bare Minerals!! It helps out so much covering these problems areas up!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.