Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
never a dull moment!
Lupylisa44 posted:
Last night one of my dogs jumped on me and her nails caught my leg and ripped a 6 inch slice and a 3 inch hole in my leg. I have very thin skin due to years of plaquenil and steroid use so it's more like tissue paper than skin. I also have a bunch of "pema-bruises" on that leg from plaquenil so it is just a mess! Not to mention it hurts like "you-know-what!!!" (insert expletive here)

I had to go to the ER where I got 15 stitches in the long one and they had to steri-strip the other one closed because it was just a flap that was torn off. Of course this happens right before we are about to go on vacation to lake michigan!!! I won't be able to get my stitches out until after we get there. I got a bunch of waterproof Tegaderm patches to put on the 3 inch one so I can actually go to the beach and go swimming in the lake.

All I can say is UGH!

Never a dull moment with me that is for sure!!!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

lisaisweavebee responded:
Okay - now your other post makes sense (sorry, read the the Monday check in first).

Sucks about your leg! Hope it heals quickly and you have a wonderful time at the lake!

Lisa

nancyj95 responded:
I do know how you feel. Fifteen years of Medrol has done a job on my skin. I got bumped by a kid's bike on a bus in Paris and had a 10 inch bruise down my leg for weeks. I've had the skin tears too. People are always asking what's wrong. Good luck on your vacation. Have a super time.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.