Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
so confused right now :/
gringa1 posted:
Good afternoon ya'll. This past week has not been good for me, been having low grade fevers off and on missed work on Monday cause of that and felt like i was going to pass out. I called my rheumatologist for a refill on my plaquenil and she's on vacation, her front desk girl did not want to refill, she thinks it might be the plaquenil.
I've been on it now for 3 months and I really didn't feel any difference from before I was on it. Not being on it these past few days I have felt off, very tired and achy, unbalanced.
It feels like it's going to be a long weekend

lupylisa44 responded:
Plaquenil can take months to start working. It is very important for you to keep taking it on a regular basis When you stop taking it, you can't just pick up right where you left off-you start back at square one. Call your rheumy's office ask to speak with the nurse and demand that they refill it for you!!! She has to have put a back up doctor to take emergency calls. Try contacting them. If she didn't then that is very irresponsible on her part. You really need to keep taking your plaquenil!~!!!

Good luck!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

gringa1 replied to lupylisa44's response:
I have been calling with no luck, I will call again this morning. Thank you and enjoy your vacation.

lupylisa44 replied to gringa1's response:
Try calling your pharmacy and see if they will give you enough to hold you over a few days 'til your doctor comes back.
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
75 of 105 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.