Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Help! Lupus Flare - Feet
SLKB40 posted:
Hello I have been having some issues with my feet for several weeks now. Excruciating pain in legs ankles and feet. My feet were so inflammed that I was unable to walk for at least a week. Three weeks later and i am still walkng with sore feet. My doctor increased my prednisone to 40 mg. to help me get through this crisis along with Voltaren 75 mg. right now I have pain in both my feet still with a stinging pain that feels like my nerve ends are exposed every few seconds. It is very difficult to sleep and I feel anxious because of the lack of sleep. Healing seems to be slow and this ongong pain, and lack of sleep is playing on my mind. I am using tiger balm patches and rubs and voltaren rubs and mineral ice rubs, but my feet are still painful and numb. Any advise would be really appreciated

renalupie1 responded:
I recommended L-Lysine. But PLEASE check with your doctor first. It works kinda like neurontin. It may help with the stinging.

A trick I had a physical therapist do for me for some nerve damage in a foot was this: Soak feet in very warm water for 10 minutes, then dunk in ice water for 5. Do this for three rounds. Finish in the warm. It confuses the nerves and they don't know what to do so they quiet down. Again check with your doc.

Rena

SLKB40 replied to renalupie1's response:
Thank you. I have been soaking in the warm water with Epson Ssalt. I will try alternating and see how that works. My Doc also gave me Lyrica which I have been taking for about four days but the pain still wakes me up at night! and it is horrible trying to walk, sit or stand for too long!!!!!!

Thanks again

dozzi replied to SLKB40's response:
Sorry your hurting I always used ice packs to relieve swelling and pain, sometimes it helped i never used heat

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Calcium and womens' mortalityExpert
Recently, some studies have suggested that Calcium supplementation is associated with increase in heart attacks and strokes. However, this ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.