Skip to content
Lupus
dozzi posted:
Past week I have been having really bad pain in my lower back, is that from lupus or did i maybe just strained my back in some way

deewalt2911 responded:
I have been having increased pain in my back and I told my physical therapy today so we worked on that a little by doing some exercises then she laid me out flat on my back with heating pads underneath. I have been feeling much better since I got home. I think it is from the lupus because lupus is a rheumatic disease that affects the connective tissue. I am sure it also possible that you could have strained it by lifting the wrong way or something like that. I would make a sick appointment with my primary care doctor and discuss this issue. My philosophy is that if it is a concern to me and its making me uncomfortable then I have the right to seek medical advice. Thats why we have doctors. So get it checked out. In the mean time try heating pads it can not hurt.

dozzi replied to deewalt2911's response:
Thank You I am going to give it a little more time with the pain in my back, jsut to make sure it could be straining from lifting. I do have a heating pad I'll try that too

K2isKsquared responded:
It is uncommon for lupus arthritis to occur in the spine, so it's possible this one isn't from lupus.

I hope you feel better soon,

K2

dozzi replied to K2isKsquared's response:
Thank you I had a bone density test, it showed i have thinning of the hip bone which can cause back pain

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.