Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Welcome to Dr. Venuturupalli!!!
Lupylisa44 posted:
I just wanted to say Welcome to the Lupus Exchange!!!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Thanks Lupylisa for beginning this discussion -

We are excited to have you join us and look forward to your participation, Dr. Swamy!

Elizabeth

R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR responded:
Thank you for the warm welcome. I hope to able to help with your questions and provide my insights.

lisaisweavebee replied to R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR's response:
Welcome!! I'm glad you have decided to join us!!

Lisa

lisaisweavebee replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
Just read your bio - very impressive!! I change my previous "I'm glad you've joined us" to "I'm THRILLED you've joined us" !!

As for the mention in your bio of working with Dr. Wallace - some of us lupies consider his book "Lupus" the Holy Grail

Lisa

Kat_bet replied to R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR's response:
Welcome. I'm new to the community, too, and look forward to the advice you will be able to give.

I would like to ask about symptoms my doctor has made light of, enough to consider my condition stable although these are recent symptoms. These include hair loss, new joint pain (hips), increase fatigue (my arms ache just trying to brush my hair), memory difficulties (especially finding words I need), tingling and numbness in my left arm (I have inflammation in my left shoulder), and sleeplessness.

He said that my labs didn't show any reason for hair loss, he decided by poking that my hip pain was muscle pain, ignored my complaint of fatigue completely, told me to take an extra Lyrica for a week for the numbness/tingling w/o any comment on what was causing it, prescribed Ambien for sleeplessness but told me not to take it unless I go 4 nights w/o sleeping. He then asked me to reduce my anti-inflammatory to once a day except on "bad days". (How do I know if it's bad enough to take the extra Lodine?) He then recorded my condition as "stable" which is making it more difficult to get the Social Security I need.

Am I making too much of my symptoms, or is it time to get a new rheumatologist? I'm afraid he may not know enough about lupus to deal with the increasing symptoms.

Thanks,
Kat

deewalt2911 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I would also like to welcome Dr. V to this community. I am also new and I am trying this at the prompting of my therapist. So looking forward to your discussion and expertise.

Christine Miserandino replied to deewalt2911's response:
Sending a big warm welcome to Dr. V to this wonderful growing Lupus Community!

Love and Spoons ,
Christine

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.