Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Dizzy Spells
Samone82 posted:
Hello. I have had lupus for about 8 years and periodically I get really dizzy and lightheaded. I have to close my left eye for the room to stop spinning. after a few moments the room will stop spinning and I am okay. Lately these spells have occured more often. I have had several eye check ups and apparently I do not have any type of eye disease. Anyone else experiencing this?

lisaisweavebee responded:
Hi, Have you started any new medicine? Sometimes dizziness is a side effect. You could also have a inner ear problem...meniere's disease could be a cause. I think you should visit your PCP and see what he advises. Hope you feel better soon!

Lisa

Samone82 replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
Thank you for the advice. I will check with my PCP and research meniere's disease.

R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR replied to Samone82's response:
This is a classic symptom of inner ear disease. Its called vertigo. Usually caused by a virus in which case its called viral labyrinthitis. Antivert is a useful medication. You need to check in with your doctor or a good ENT. There are certain forms of therapy called vestibular therapy that might be helpful as well. All the best.

ida507 responded:
I am dizzy all the time. I get so tired of being dizzy. there are times worst then others. I was diagnosed about 3yrs ago with lupus but, was told that I've had it a long time. I'm in a bad flare right now. My rheumatologist is going to use the IV treatment Benlysta. Can somebody tell me anything about it? Ive looked and read on line but, personnel experiences are sometimes better to go by. I wish I had someone to talk to that knew what I am going through right now.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

My lupus story
I was diagnosed with SLE and fibromyalgia about 2 1/2 years ago although I had symptoms for several years before finally getting a ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.