Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Test results are back and it's not good news!
lupylisa44 posted:
My urine protein is very high and the my blood albumin was abnormally low both of which indiciate that my lupus nephritis may be coming back. It almost killed me the last time, so to say I am upset is a gross understatement.

It has been 10 years since I had my last cytoxan treatment and I have been doing really well since then. I am really trying to stay positive, but it's not as easy this time, since I know what I am in for if my kidney involvement comes back.

For now, my doctor has increased my medrol dose and will re-test in a month. I am already on cellcept and plaquenil.

I could really use some support and prayers right now!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

lisaisweavebee responded:
Aww Lisa!!! I am SO sorry to hear your results are bad! I will keep you in my prayers that the increase in medrol sends the wolf packing. You're a fighter so I know you can beat this!

Hugs,

Lisa

lupylisa44 replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
Thanks Lis!
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Octoberschild responded:
I'm so sorry to hear of your not so great news Lisa. I've just learned about all these different things by reading one of the books you recommended to me. I will be saying prayers for you that you won't have to go through any horrible ordeals and that your kidneys straighten up and fly right!!!

leecat41 responded:
You are in my prayers girl!!
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

deewalt2911 responded:
Hi, I know how overwhelmed and discopuraged you must feel but ask the Lord to protect you and give you the strength that you need right.
My diabetes came back with a vengence last month. They are speculating that the lupus is affecting my pancreas. I have to take insulin shots three or more times daily. I know how you must feel because having lupus is more than enough without the other "stuff". So I say to you be strong and hold on. You are a fighter.

2keepfaith responded:
Lupylisa, So sorry to read this. Sending prayers your way.

nancyj95 responded:
So sorry to hear this. My prayers, too, are with you. I just finished 6 months of a bad flare, but that can't be compared with what you are going through. Hope it turns out to be a false alarm.
Nancy

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Oh, Crud!!

Thinking of you,
Elizabeth

RJANU replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Hi I have been out of the loop for a bit. I am so sorry that your tests were not good. Keep up the good fight!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Music Video Tips on Managing Chronic Pain!
My newest music video, hope you guys like it! HUGS and ?, JJ "Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.