Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Check in 10/17/11
Lupylisa44 posted:
Hey everyone!

Sorry check in is so late today, I slept until 2 pm!!! This cold/sinus infection I have is just brutal!!! It has been about 5 days and it's not getting better. Everything smells bad and there is so much pressure even my teeth hurt! It may be time for some antibiotics.

Yesterday was my birthday, but it was rather uneventful since both my fiance and I are sick. Neither of us even got dressed yesterday! Any type of celebration will have to wait until we both feel better.

I hope your weekend was better than mine! Did you do anything fun this weekend? Please tell us about it!

Have a great week!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Happy belated birthday! Not a great way to start your bday week!Hope the antibiotics kick in quick and you feel better. Have you ever tried a neti pot? The last couple years I could not have survived without one.

Feel better Elizabeth

Lupylisa44 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
I decided not to get antibiotics and let this thing run it's course. After grocery shoppiong yesterday, I was wiped out and today I am having a relaps! Just going to have to wait this thing out and not do anything until I feel better. I do have a neti pot and have been using it 3 times a day but it seeems everything moved down into my chest. Ugh!

Lupylisa

2bblessed2 replied to Lupylisa44's response:
I'm curious....What is a netti pot? Hope you feel better soon.

Lupylisa44 replied to 2bblessed2's response:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neti_pot

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to Lupylisa44's response:
Thanks for posting the link, Lupylisa. Here is a couple of other resources.

Allergy TV for WebMD: Truth About Neti Pots

Neti Pots for Sinus Problems

I was hesitant to use one, but after a sinus infection a couple years ago now use it during our 3 times a year allergy seasons in FL and when I have the slightest cold symptoms. I purchased an inexpensive local drug store brand one and use 1/2 the salt that is recommended.

Lupylisa - Are you feeling better and ready to celebrate yet?

Elizabeth

1stLadyDi replied to Lupylisa44's response:
Thank you...

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.