Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Check in 10/24/2011 Please participate!
lupylisa44 posted:
OMG! This cold refuses to let go of me!!! It's going on week three and I still feel gross. Who knew so much snot (sorry, I know it's gross) could come out of one nose!!! I am still coughing too! Needless to say, I still haven't celebrated my birthday. I guess I'll wait for next year! But I did get my present yesterday from my man! I got a whole new cookware set which is totally awesome!!! That's what I wanted, so I am very happy about that!

With all this sickness, I still haven't had a chance to increase my cellcept. I will do it as soon as this thing let's go of me!

Have a great week everyone!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

lisaisweavebee responded:
Hey All,

Lisa, sorry you still feel like crap. I'm surprised I don't have a cold with Ohio's crappy weather lately.

I am off from cakes this week (yay!!) I only did 6 weddings in October but they wore me out!

I have a lousy two weeks planned. I am still recovering from my UTI and my PCP ordered a CAT scan on my maxillary sinus again to see if the mass is growing back. I wonder how dangerous all these cat scans are - I bet I've had 10 or so over the last five years.

I also have an appt with the ENT surgeon to discuss the CT scan. I have an appointment with my nephrologist for my anemia/electrolyte trouble. And last, but not least, I have to see my Gyn to discuss the bladder mesh he put in back in 2009. I believe it's the one that has been in the news lately (geez!)

So much for having the week off! Hope everyone has a pain-free week!!

Lisa

renalupie1 responded:
I am here! Going in to my final month of school so tons and tons of homework and papers to write for the next 4 weeks!! Hard to believe my first semester is almost over.

My sis in law and I walked in memory of mom for the Kidney Foundation on Sunday morning. I saw one of my mother's old doctors and he remembered her! He didn't know she had passed away and gave me a big old hug. I truly miss those people, they became family.

The best part of the day was spending time with my family, and getting outside and enjoying the beautiful morning. It was the furthest at one time my sis in law had walked on her new knee. She has been scared to walk very far on it, so it was a good experience for her, now she will start taking more long walks!!

Back to work I go. Have a good week everyone!
Rena

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Glad to see some checking in - How about everyone else? How is your week going so far?

Loved seeing the post referring to "Hystersisters" and "Lupysisters". The support you guys provide each other is wonderful!

Me - Yesterday the ice pick that was making my head/sinus feel like I was going to explode was removed after 3 days! I can finally focus again.

I have work, more work, 7 yr old Bday invites to finish making and send out (don't say "Why don't you send out an Evite?"), Halloween costume to finish, cleaning, work and more work!

Hope everyone feels better and/or continues to feel good and has a good week!

Elizabeth

leecat41 responded:
I am into my third week post op from my hysterectomy. I now have a rash on my arm as well and the buttlerfly if back. I'm really achey again and my energy disappeared. I called my gyno and he told me to call the rheumy as well. So much for thinking that the lupus would affect the hysterectomy. It appears that it was the other way around. :0( I hope everyone else is feeling better.
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

RJANU replied to leecat41's response:
Hi, I know for me all hormonal changes seem to effect my lupus and asthma. I hope as your body adjusts things calm down. I admit at those times I have needed more prednisone. Unfortunately it will take some time to feel better,but I hope not too much!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.