Skip to content
What's up for Halloween?
lupylisa44 posted:
The board has been unusually quiet this week! believe it or not, we had 12 inches of snow yesterday here in Boulder, CO!!! While it is beautiful, I am soooooo not ready for winter! Heck, it's not even halloween yet!

Speaking of Halloween, what are your plans? Do you take your kids trick or treating? Do you get dressed up? Do you have a costume party to go to? This year I am not sure what we are going to do. Handing out candy is such a pain with five dogs olus we don;t have a lot of kids in this neighborhood. There is a costume party at a restaurant we frequent, but that means I have to think of a costume! Any ideas? I may resurrect my bag of jelly beans costume from my childhood. It's very easy to do in a pinch. Take a clear trash bag and put it over your head like and fill it with baloons the tie it at the bottom.

What was your favorite costume as a kid (or as a grown up?) I won 1st prize one year in girlscouts for my ghost with a wig and a pocketbook costume. I guess it cracked everyone up! The bag of jelly beans was a fun one, but my favorite was my black cat costume when I was in my late 20's. It wasn't a slutty cat like most people wear today, it was more like a cat from the musical CATS. But it was such a good disguise, even my best friend didn't recognize me!!! I won a prize for that one too!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

leecat41 responded:
That's awesome! I won't be participating this Halloween, but my youngest boy is Batman this year and my youngest daughter (17) is taking him to kid's night at the haunted trail that her high school is doing. (He truly is her favorite toy and vice versa) My husband is going with them. We live too far out in the country in TN for trick or treators.

Although the leaves are changing colors, we just got below 80 degrees here so it will be a while before we see any snow, if we even get any at all.

Wishing everyone a great weekend!!
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hoping Lupylisa is blowing up balloons for her jelly bean costume and other are preparing their costumes for Trick or Treating!

What is with all this crazy weather? It was raining this morning and my daughters Halloween Parade was moved inside - the kids did not seem to mind, they still got candy! Tonight clear and cool for Trick or Treating!

My favorite costume when I was a kid was a Hobo. Oversized stuffed overalls, black crazy wig and black makeup for 5 o'clock shadow.

Tonight I will be dressed as the mother of a six year old, walking around a neighborhood with a glass of wine!

Happy Halloween!
Elizabeth

shannielee74 responded:
I loved the year I dressed as an alien. Lots of fun wandering around in florescent green...no flashlight needed that year. Or the year I was a punk rocker. Downside to that was my sister getting married a few days later and the hot pink hair coloring not wanting to wash out (her colors were peach & royal blue....hot pink did not match at all).

Not dressing up this year, but my youngest and hubby are vampires...well, she's a ninja vampire and he's Vampire Jesus. LOL
Shannielee74
~~~Life is what happens when your busy making other plans...John Lennon~~~

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.