Skip to content
samf09 posted:
I have lupus and tested positive for lupus anticogulants as well... just today I noticed red spots under my skin on both of my arms... I think it may be petechiae... is this common with lupus? Should I call my doctor ASAP? Is this something my rheumatologist should help me with, or my PCP?
anowlin responded:
I wouldn't call the doc ASAP, but come Monday, I'd call your PCP. I'm not your doc, but you OUGHT to call your doc, ASAP if some bleeding occurs. Are they little tiny purple/black spots? That could be petechiae,

With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

IE Fix for Picture Cropping
We've found that some of our Members using Internet Explorer have issues with cropping images. If you're trying to crop your profile image ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

  • Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.