Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Monday Check in 11/28/11 Please participate!!!
Lupylisa44 posted:
Monday check-n is for everyone! Let us know how you are feeling, if there is anything exciting going on in your lives or just to vent!

What's happening Lupies?

How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you all made it through unscathed and feeling well!

Are you ready for Christmas/Channukah/Kwanza,etc? How many people here have started their shopping? Do you have your decorations up yet? I got my outside christmas light yesterday and will probably get them up tonight. As for the tree and other decorations, I am going to have to do a thorough house cleaning before I put it all up. But it will probably get done in the next week or so.

I have a rheumy appointment today. I think he is going to run my labs to see if the increaded dose of CellCept has helped my kidney function. I really hope it did! It will probably be a week before I get any results so please keep your fingers crossed for me!

Have a great week!

lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Octoberschild responded:
Happy Monday to all! I hope that everyone had a great Thanksgiving.

My Thanksgiving was quiet with just my parents, my daughter, her boyfriend, and two furry kids. I got through the day without too much discomfort. I find standing and doing the kitchen clean up/dishes is hardest on me. I make myself take care of what needs to be done regardless though.

I don't go out into the stores much any more to do shopping....for Christmas or otherwise. It becomes much too painful for me! One day of shopping will put me in bed for a few days to recover, just not worth it. I do the majority of my shopping on-line. That way with most of what I buy it is delivered to my front door and I don't have to fight crowds or long check out lines.

I haven't begun to do any decorating for Christmas yet. Even though Christmas is my favorite holiday of all, doing all the decorating these days is a huge challenge for me. I live with my parents right now anyway, and my mom is not a big fan of the holidays or decorating. My daughter has helped me in the past when I had my own place. Now she has her home to take care of so I don't ask her to help any more. If I do much of anything it will most likely be just putting up my small tree and enjoying it. The past couple of days I've had so much joint pain, so do see me getting the tree done for awhile. The pain in my shoulder joint is so bad I can't lift my right arm, and I'm right handed. Also have a great deal of joint pain in my right knee. The left hand has swelling in my finger joints and they are painful as well. Just not a great day today! Praying tomorrow brings a better day my way.

I see my rheumy in a week. I'm hoping she will put me back on my Nsaid medication to help with the swelling and pain in my joints. I wasn't even sure that the medication was helping all that much, until I was taken off of it. My doctors still aren't sure what caused my stroke. They are ruling things out one by one it seems. I see my Cardiologist soon and will be finding out if my heart problems are the cause of the stroke. Drives me crazy.....the not knowing!

Does anyone else have problems with remembering how words are spelled? I know I can't remember things like I use to, and my memory is getting really bad. Even simple words have become a challenge for me. Thank goodness for spell check!

Here's wishing everyone a great week!!!

Octoberschild
Of one thing I am certain, the body is not the measure of healing - peace is the measure. by George Melton

nancyj95 responded:
Hi! Sorry to be a day late. Good Thanksgiving, but was disappointed when I tried to enter a clinical trial and couldn't because I also have latent TB. Doctor wanted me to treat it but two other docs say "no" because of all my drugs and the chronic hepatitis. This was one where I didn't need to go off meds -so I am disheartened that they won't take me. Guess it is best for me not to try. My regular rheumy confirmed my decision. At least I found a younger rheumy in case mine retires!

ana1luisa responded:
Hi All,
Thanksgiving was great. But Iguess I overdid it. Staying up late. Going shopping at Walmart at 10 pm on Thursday. My husband and two kids went. We went in with a plan. But we got my son a computer for college with a printer. A tv for my mom and a tv for our camper. While I was in line I found a chair and my friend that has fibro and I took turns sitting. That night went to bed at 1:30. The nextnight my daughter and I stayed up until 1 just talking. We always do that when she is home from college. Then Saturday we went to the movies where is was very cold. Then I went to my moms while my daughter visited with her best friend. Then I went home and straight to bed. On Sunday morning, I could not get up. I was so stiff my husband had to get me out of bed. I sat on the couch and slept on and off most of the day. Don't remember what I saw.
Yesterday I was way less stiff but my hands hurt.
Today, I am exhausted and my hands hurt. I read somewhere where someone else felt electric shock type pain in their extremeties. I'm with you sister. Especially in my finger tips.
And I am still thankful for so many things and for you who listen and understand.
God bless you all this week. Oh yeah sorry I'm a day late.
Ana Luisa

MIBeth responded:
Had a wonderful Thanksgiving, but only 2 of my children were able to make it home. The standing all day and night took a toll on my legs, they swelled up to the point that when I took a step, my toes squished apart!
You could not drag me out of the house on black Friday! Those shoppers are nuts! I stayed home and put my Christmas tree up.
Hope everyone is in tip-top shape for the upcoming holidays, and for those who are having troubles, you will be in my prayers!

bumbleeboo responded:
Thanks for asking Lisa... Thanksgiving was great! I am just NOW recovering from too many days of too much of everything but REST! (gotta love lupus) Like so much else, the decorations are half up and the shopping isn't started. But NO WORRIES! Christmas is coming regardless so we may as well enjoy the season anyway - right? Blessings!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Well better late than never -

We traveled to Williamsburg, VA last week to see the sites and meet my uncle and his wife for Thanksgiving. This year the only thing I made was a reservation at a colonial tavern. It was a great experience but I really miss the leftovers!

I admire all you Black Friday shoppers, I don't have the energy or patience for the crowds!

Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.