Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
sweating
dozzi posted:
Yes I do have the sweats too, and get a little light headed. I thought it was menopause which I am going though, now I know it could be because of Lupus

MIBeth responded:
I am so tired of all my problems being blamed on menapause!! The sweating is horrific and the joint pain also. My PCP states "You know, you are getting older and more and more things will start to fall apart." The turd is 3 days younger than I! I informed him that I am the only one who knows my body and you may have a Dr. degree, but you need to listen to this "old" lady. Stick up for yourself and if your Dr. or Rheumy doesn't take you seriously, make it a point that you are in charge!

NancysCats replied to MIBeth's response:
Amen. I agree with you. I have been through menopause and hotflashes...and what sweating we are talking about IS much worse then menopause. Trust me, I'm right there with you. I get so fatigued afterward sweating 'spells' as well as the joint pain you mention. It is SO frustrating. IF you ever find out anything that HELPS, let me know...

gringa1 replied to NancysCats's response:
OMG, i've been going through this alot lately, I know it's my lupus, everyone around me telling, it;s my meds or could it be menopause. I just laugh and say "yes it's all of the above".
I'm so so tired and just want to sleep my joints hurt and the joints on my toes are hurting to, which I never really noticed before.
Last night was my worst, I put sour cream in my son's glass instead of his plate.... he thought it was funny, I went to bed after that, left the kitchen a mess, oh well.
Would love to hear if you find anything out.
Take care and God bless

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Calcium and womens' mortalityExpert
Recently, some studies have suggested that Calcium supplementation is associated with increase in heart attacks and strokes. However, this ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.