Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Includes Expert Content
fatigue and achyness
leecat41 posted:
Does the fatigue last even when in remission? I have not really had any other symptoms for a while, but after my hystrectomy, th fatigue has returned and it's pretty bad. I'm achy too. Does this necessarily mean that I'm going into a fllare?
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

lupylisa44 responded:
How long has it been since your hysterectomy? Your fatigue could be due to that, especially If you you had your ovaries removed and are not taking any hormone replacement. Also, you thyroid could be low due to the lack of other hormones. If I were you I would talk to my doctor about testing your thyroid and female hormones.

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR replied to lupylisa44's response:
Fatigue is a common symptom in lupus due to overactivity of the immune system, which is using up valuable energy stores. Other common causes for fatigue and achiness are poor sleep, hormonal issues, stress and poor diet. If the lupus is not active, talk to your doctor if any other factors are involved. In this forum, we have previously discussed gluten free diets and other elimination diets for improving fatigue.

leecat41 replied to R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR's response:
welln i would say that i also have stressn insomnian and severe anemia. i am sure that doesnt help much. my vision is also very blurry. how effective would the gluten free diet be to help any of these other issues?
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.