Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Hysterectomy
shannielee74 posted:
I've had endometriosis for several years. They finally decided that it is what is causing all of my abdominal & pelvic pain. So I have a hysterectomy scheduled for Jan 3rd. I won't lie....I'm scared. I also had to have an injection of Lupron because my insurance wouldn't ok me for the surgery without my doc being able to show that I at least tried it. Now I'm worried about the side effects it is going to have. I can't find anything on Lupus patients who've had Lupron injections. Any info would be good.
I talked to a friend of mine who went through a similar situation a couple years back. Only difference is she has RA. She did the injections for a year and her RA ended up out of control. I'm wishing I had spoken to her before I got the injection. So far all I've noticed is an increase in pain which I was told could happen.
Anyways, I hope you all have a good weekend!
Shannielee74
~~~Life is what happens when your busy making other plans...John Lennon~~~

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi Shannielee,

Has your rheumatologist weighed in on the Lupron? Maybe a letter to your insurance company from your gyn and your rheumatologist would help.

Elizabeth

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi Shannilee!

Several years ago I was given depo-lupron injections to help protect my ovaries from Cytoxan. It was an experimental thing that my doctors wanted to try out. Unfortunately it didn't really do what it was supposed to and I lost most of my ovarian function. I am not sure what other effects it had becasue there was so much lupus stuff going on with me at the time. But I don't think thre were any lasting side effects from taking it.

Good luck! I will keep you in my prayers!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Calcium and womens' mortalityExpert
Recently, some studies have suggested that Calcium supplementation is associated with increase in heart attacks and strokes. However, this ... More
Was this Helpful?
1 of 1 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.