Skip to content
Grrrr....malar rash!!
lisaisweavebee posted:
So I'm doing well on the gluten free diet ( although I'm pretty sure I would kill for a cracker right now). My joint pain has improved immensely. I've been off plaq for a week now.

Off the plaq, I've noticed a slight return of the overall "blah" feeling and a bit of joint stiffness has returned. Nothing I can't live with. However, my stupid butterfly rash won't leave me alone!!! I have the full butterfly too - my entire face ( except the folds at the mouth/nose) and it even goes down the front of my neck and covers my ears. Burns like the dickens too. My rash comes and goes all day long. It has a habit of coming out whenever I'm in public or if I'm talking with a bride ( of course) so people stare at me.

Why won't this stupid rash go away?!?!!! Ugh!!!

Just needed to vent,

Lisa

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Just wanted to pop in and say - Crud!!!

Glad though joint pain has improved, hope that continues!

Elizabeth

MaryConcordNC responded:
Are you being careful to stay out of the sun? The last time I had a bad rash, I did find that Gold Bond Medicated helped the itching and burning, but I don't think I used it on my face. I did see a dermatologist for help. My family physician has also had a lot of good common-sense suggestions.
If you are looking for crackers that not the usual flaxseed gluten-free, try Schar or Kinnikinnick - I order from Linda's Diet delites

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.