Skip to content

Announcements

Attention All WebMD Community Members:

These message boards are closed to posting. Please head on over to our new WebMD Message Boards to check out and participate in the great conversations taking place: https://messageboards.webmd.com/

Your new WebMD Message Boards are now open!

Making the move is as easy as 1-2-3.

1. Head over to this page: https://messageboards.webmd.com/health-conditions/f/lupus/

2. Choose the tag from the drop-down menu that clicks most with you (and add it to any posts you create so others can easily find and sort through posts)

3. Start posting

Have questions? Email us anytime at CommunityManagement@webmd.net

skin rashes
    IhurtthereforeIam posted:
    I have multiple skin rashes: On my face have a continually reappearing red, scaly, itchy patch above my lip, and what I think is the malar or butterfly rash across my nose. On my hands I have blisters which turn into hard callous-like red scars, and on many finger-tips, I have small hard,red sores which feel as though there is a sliver or piece of glass in each one, very painful to touch. On my finger-tips, these have left indented scars, as well. So weird! Anybody else have these?

Lupussufferersince15 responded:
    Lately I've been noticing lumps on my finger tips kind of like what you're describing. They've also appeared on my toes lately as well. I don't know what's causing them I'm looking for answers. They look kind of like a blister but they're hard and hurt. They haven't caused indents yet, but I don't know if they will. It seems to only happen for me when I'm having a flareup with my fingers and toes.

candi619 replied to Lupussufferersince15's response:
    I get them on my hands and fingers they get red under the skin and feels almost like my skin is stretching,, then later it leaves a scaly outline of where the swelling was.. My Dr. said its called Dyshidrotic eczema she gave me a topical steriod cream. Mine seems to come and go with flares as well

dozzi responded:
    Sounds like shingles I am just getting over it on my face on one side affecting my mouth,nose,cheek, and eye

Coping
    With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
    at work, or with family
    and friends.
    Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
    There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
    Was this Helpful?
    19 of 19 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.