Skip to content
shingles
dozzi posted:
week 3 of my shingles had to get a note from my doctor to go back to work seems to be safe enough to go back, but i think i am going to be treated different like people won't want to be around me we'll see i go back 1/4

lupylisa44 responded:
Just explain to them that shingles is nothing more than the chickenpox virus! If you are feeling okay and the blisters are crusted over, then you are no longer contagious and should be fine to go back to work!

Doesn't having shingles just suck? I have had them 19 times!!! Stupid lupus!!!

Happy New Year!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

dozzi replied to lupylisa44's response:
Thank you hopefully I am not treated different this is my first time with shingles. Sores are gone, still have sensation on my face, like its coming back but isn't i think. You"ve had it alot has it jepardize your job I'm worrying about that with me, was out of work a little over 2 weeks. I go back 1/4. I had it in my eye they are gone but still have a little swelling under my eye I know it does take time. Take care

lupylisa44 replied to dozzi's response:
Hi Dozzi- I am on disability and no longer work, so that is something I don't have to worry about. Have you taken any
L-Lysine? It's a supplement and may help with the nerve pain. You can get it at any drug/healthfood store.

I hope it feels better soon!

Lupylisa

I'll look into L-Lysine thank you Right now I need to work too many bills and meds and doctor appointments need my health ins from work. Is disability enough to survive on

lupylisa44 replied to dozzi's response:
barely

lupylisa44 replied to lupylisa44's response:
I am on long term disability from my last emplayer. I was making a pretty good salary at the time and my disability is 66.6% of what I was making, so for me I am able to live comfortably. The Long term disability company made me apply for Soc Sec disability to off set their costs. If you get soc sec disability, then you are eligible for Medicare coverage, so you won't be without inssurance. But Social sec disability is VERY hard to get.

Lupylisa

I live paycheck to paycheck won't get any help from employer just be out of a job and insurance I know ssi is had to get alot of paperwork and time my brother that has lupus too is going though it now. Has masshealth for ins. which can be issues for some help right now has a problem finding doctors that take masshealth. Go back to work tomorrow, you take care

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.