Skip to content
FIRST RHEUMY VISIST COMING
singingbear posted:
Finally after waiting for 3 months I am going for my first Rheumy visit in 8 days. I am a little nervous about what to expect and what I find out. While I don't want to actually have Lupus or RA (or anything else for that matter) I am anxious to know what has been causing my leg and joint pain and swelling these last 6 months. Mostly, I am anxious for some pain relief.

I have written down all of my symptoms (don't know if they are all related but they are all there) and I have my family history of autoimmune diseases listed. I still fear, being overweight, that the doctor will take one look at me and not take me seriously. I feel like my primary tends to do that. Her solution for every visit is weight loss. I know that I have to do that but I have to have some pain relief first.

As you all know, it is so discouraging to wake everyday to face more pain. I am hoping that the Rheumy can give me some answers but I know this could be the beginning of a very long journey.

I would appriciate any advice you could give me for my first visit.

Thank you
S

leecat41 responded:
Don't give up. Being overweight is a problem that a lot of us suffer from. That doesn't mean that we have to just deal with everything else until we fix that. Don't be afraid to ask questions, lots of them! And good job on the list of symptoms!! Good luck!!
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.