Skip to content
SLE & swelling???
leecat41 posted:
Will lupus cause you to swell really bad. My legs swell daily and have been pitting for about two years now. I take lasics daily and also potassium but I still swell and pit. My c-rp has been over 20 for a long time. I've been to several doctors including Vandy. The rheumy there was outraged that no one had tested my kidneys but didn't run any tests herself. I was told to go back to the original rheumy who was trying to treat me with hydroxychloriquin (spelling?) but I had other health issues to pop up first (hysterectomy). Since the surgery, my rash is constant, the swelling never eases up and I'm achy all the time. So I guess I'm just trying to figure out what is caused by the lupus and what isn't. Any suggestions?
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

dozzi responded:
my doctor put me on hydroxychloroquine 200mg for Lupus and nabumetone for inflamation 500mg and the swelling went down alot not in constent pain all the time it helped me but I have pluresy too on pain meds for that all the time

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.