Skip to content
Arthritis in feet??
lisaisweavebee posted:
Does anyone have trouble with their feet? I don't have swelling per se, but I can hardly walk after sitting for just a FEW minutes. All the joints in my feet - even the toes - start popping and cracking when I try to walk. Once I get going, I'm alright but those first 5 or 6 steps are so painful and I walk like I'm 150 years old. It does this ALL day long - not just morning. I don't know what to do about it.

Any ideas?

Lisa

lupylisa44 responded:
That sounds very painful!!! Every once in a while I get foot pain, but not all the time. Mine feels like I am walking on pebbles. It usually happens when my lupus is flaring. I also get cracking and popping around my ankles.

Have you thought of seeing a podiatrist?

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

lisaisweavebee replied to lupylisa44's response:
Omg! You know, it never occurred to me to see a podiatrist. I swear, can't see the forest for the dang trees! I just assumed it was a lupus thing and have been living with it.

Evidently, God gave me blonde hair for a reason

Lisa

nancyj95 replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
I've had osteo arthritis in my feet for years! As a primary grade teacher, it was an almost constant problem. Unable to take most arthritis drugs, I just put up with it. Being on steroids for the Lupus has helped. Now that I'm retired it is lots better.

lisaisweavebee replied to nancyj95's response:
Hi,

Would it be worth me seeing a podiatrist ? If the result is just living with the pain, what's the point, right? That's what I've been doing the last couple of years already.

Thanks for sharing!

Lisa

lisaisweavebee replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
Dropped off some cupcakes to my rheumy today and mentioned the whole foot thing and he felt it was just my disease and that it probably wouldn't benefit me any to see a podiatrist.

Told me to go back up to 400mg of plaq. And he keeps suggesting benlysta....I'm just too leary of that drug (or any new drug) until it has been on the market long enough to know long term effects. My kind of luck, I would probably start clucking like a chicken and have some urge to sit on eggs.

Guess that means I'm stuck with the "snap, crackle and pop" feet .

I hate lupus.

Lisa

Lupussufferersince15 replied to lisaisweavebee's response:
I have problems with my feet a lot. It isn't as bad as yours sounds, but its mainly when I've been on my feet nonstop with no rest. I'm in college so I'm always on the go and it wears my body down. Maybe try a muscle rub like biofreeze on them some time it could help with some of the muscular pain.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.