Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Back in the Land of the Living
shannielee74 posted:
On Jan 3rd I had a hysterectomy (they were able to leave my ovaries). Can I just say "WOW!" I feel so much better. Evidently a great deal of my pain was the endometrial adhesions I had on my uterus and intestines. I am wishing I'd had surgery years ago when I was first diagnosed with endometriosis.
That being said, since my surgery I had 4 weeks of zero joint pain. I can't begin to think of the last time I went that long being pain free. Then my hubby lost his job and I was hit at 3am with excruciating pain. I did my relaxation and got through it without resorting to pain meds (just my usual meds I take). I ache a little now and then, but nothing compared to the bulk of last year.
I am back at work now and loving it. Plus I am walking up to 1-1/2 miles a day which feels fabulous!
Hope everyone is having a good New Year so far!
Shannielee74
~~~Life is what happens when your busy making other plans...John Lennon~~~

lisaisweavebee responded:
Yay!!! I am so happy the surgery worked for you. I had a complete hysterectomy 2 years ago and have been pleased with the results.

I'm sorry your husband lost his job and you had the relapse of pain but am glad to hear the pain didn't last long.

Keep up with the walking! It is so good for you!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.