Skip to content
Monday Check in 3/19/2012 (Please participate)
lupylisa44 posted:
Hey Everybody!

I am finally all settled in and back home from taking care of my dad. I was gone a month! I am happy to report that my Daddy is doing so much better! Since I've been home, it took two weeks to catch up on everything including doctors appt's, laundry, housekeeping, etc. Now all I have to do is my taxes-Yuck!

Last Thursday I went to my Rheumy and he added Lisinpril to my medications because my BP has been running a bit high for the past several months.

I hope everyone is doing well! Have a great week!
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

nancyj95 responded:
Hi! I'm in Florida (instead of very springy NY) for March and April. Had a few swelling problems when I first came down (my body reacts to temperature changes) but am great now and enjoying my stay. Happy Spring everyone!

lupylisa44 replied to nancyj95's response:
Happy Spring to you!

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
So glad to hear your dad is better. Boo about the BP meds, do you think it has anything to do with travels and dad worries?

Taxes are still looming at our house. Hoping to sit down with my husband this weekend and get started.

My 7 year old is home today, trying to work, keep her occupied and happy. Oh, I am really worried about the summer.....

Who's next?

lupylisa44 replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Actually the higher BP is most likely a result of my decreased kidney function. Lisinopril actually will not onloy help my BP, but it can also decrease the protein in my urine as well, so it's probably a good thing!

Lupylisa

dlrobards responded:
Bless your LupyLisa heart!
Your Daddy is a lucky man to be taken care of by such a dedicated wonder! I am sure he knows it!

Do you think your BP is a bit high because of your added care taking responsibilites? It makes sense, doesn't it?

Cheers to a bit of R&R for you!

dlrobards

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

My lupus story
I was diagnosed with SLE and fibromyalgia about 2 1/2 years ago although I had symptoms for several years before finally getting a ... More
Was this Helpful?
3 of 3 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.