Skip to content
Help! Cronic Chest pain
ssparks1988 posted:
I have been diagnosed with lupus. First they said I had fibromyalgia, and just reciently I had a positive ANA. I have lupus on both sides of my family. But althought I have been having many problems I have been havin a very intense chest pain on the right side of my chest. It sometimes gets worse in the morning and sometimes not. I have had an ekg its not my heart I have had chest xrays and breathing test that came back pretty normal although my doc gave me an inhaler it dosn't do much. I am scared and was wondering what neone else thought or if anyone else was feeling this... Any support would be appriciated.

lupylisa44 responded:
It could possibly be costochondritis. I get that on the left side and it really hurts. My ribs actually pop out of the socket and I have to pop them back in!

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/costochondritis/DS00626

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

ssparks1988 replied to lupylisa44's response:
thank you but i have looked up costocondritis and that was one of the first diagnosis's but thats not whats going on. I am having trouble breathing and lots of pain. I finally have an appointment with a rhumatoligist on April 19th so maby ill get some answers... I was wondering about pluracy ne ideas. Thanks so much

allie_bf replied to ssparks1988's response:
Typically, pleurisy causes the most pain at the end of a deep breath. It's also usually more of a pain problem than a difficulty-in-breathing or shortness-of-breath problem. If you have either of the latter problems to a distressing degree, get to your local ER, and don't wait for your rheumatology appointment.

lisatru62 responded:
I've had heart palpitations for a number of years and all my heart testing have come back normal. I've also been experiencing chest pain on the left side for awhile when I take a deep breath. They might be related and since there doesn't seem to be any other issue then discomfort the doctors are taking a wait and see attitude. Of course if you are experiencing intense pain or shortness of breath see a doctor immediately.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.