Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
medical talk
leecat41 posted:
Ok, been going to the rheumy for a while now. but I've seen different posts on here about levels of things when getting tested. Everyone seems to know a lot about the blood work they get done but I don't feel like I know anything. I go and they take it and run tests but my rheumy just says "take this, and we'll try that" but never really explains anything so I kind of feel like a dummy. Can anyone explain what some of these things are?
To do what is right is not always easy, to do what is easy is not always right.

lisaisweavebee responded:
Hi,

First, you should always request copies of lab results whenever you have blood work done. That way, you have good records for when you see other physicians and also so you will know what tests have been run. I use a site called lab tests online www.labtestsonline.org to look up tests. It's a great site that explains why a test is being run, what the results mean and so on.

Hope that helps!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.