Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Why so little Lupus support?
VCAugust posted:
My name is VC August. I have gone through so much frustration getting a correct diagnosis and dealing with the nightmare of lupus, that I recently published a book about it. The Healing Hour. Lupus is a major women's health crises that needs much more support than it has received over decades. Fifty years before a new lupus drug? Insane!

lupylisa44 responded:
I couldn't agree more!!! Did you see in today's news that the British Health Authority will NOT pay for Benlysta for lupus patients? I think that is a crime!!! First Treatment in 50 years and lupus patients in Britain cannot get it!

I have had lupus for 28 years and I can say that awareness has definitely increased ten-fold over the past 25 years but still a very long way to go!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

dozzi replied to lupylisa44's response:
Apply to the healthwellnes foundation they help for some things ins dosen't

dozzi replied to lupylisa44's response:
health wellness foundation will pay for treatment go online and apply

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
89 of 119 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.