Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Had THE WORST day EVER!!!
lupylisa44 posted:
I woke up this morning to find my 15 year old dog not feeling well. Called the vet for an appointment at 4 pm...I could tell Woody was really sick and went to take him outside where he collapsed while he was urinating. In a panic I tried to pick him up, but hewas 65lbs of dead weight and I weigh 100lbs soaking wet. Luckily my neighbor was home and she helped me get him into the van. We got to the vet, they did Xrays and he had a mass on his spleen and liver and spots on his lungs. He was probably bleeding internally as well. So, I had to put him to sleep. I am an emotional wreck! He was my first dog and I will miss him so much!

Then, the adrenaline of this day from hell started to wear off and I ended up in the ER with severe back pain. It'smost likely herniated a disc or pinched nerve.

I am going to bed and pulling the covers over my head for the next few days

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
(((((Lupylisa)))))

Oh, no, I am so sorry to hear about this. No words to express how sad this is.

Sending caring thoughts your way,
Elizabeth

lisaisweavebee responded:
Awww Lisa !!!!! I am so sorry for your loss and that you are now injured!

(( Gentle hugs))

Lisa

nancyj95 responded:
So sorry to hear this. He's crossed that Rainbow Bridge and has no more pain. Hope yours will soon be lessened.

grandma_cat_tina responded:
Hi Lisa I am so sorry 2 hear about your loss,r pets r like family 2 us,I know that no other pet will b the same,but I do hope that u adopt one 2 help heal your heart.

lupylisa44 replied to grandma_cat_tina's response:
Thanks grandma_cat _tina

I already have five other dogs (all from shelters) which makes it a little bit easier, but Woody was my first baby! I miss him so much! I can take comfort in the fact that he had a great life and was fine up until that last day. He did not have to suffer at all.

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

deewalt2911 responded:
Sorry to hear about your dog and the terrible day you had. I will keep you in my prayers. Be well.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.