Skip to content
Includes Expert Content
Friday is Put on Purple (POP) Day!
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
POP this Friday, May 18! Put on Purple Day is set to get even more people thinking about Lupus during this Lupus Awareness Month. Encourage everyone you know to wear something purple to celebrate all those with Lupus.

WebMD is going to be tweeting about POP on Thursday & Friday, and we'd love to have you post your photos of you wearing purple in this thread. If you can't get your photo to post here, you can post it to The Lupus Foundation's Facebook page or sent it to them via email. (If you post your photo to their Facebook page, be sure to say that you came from the fabulous WebMD Lupus Community!) You can also download a POP Toolkit from the Foundation's web page.

Members, share your answers to these questions with new folks who may be finding this board for the first time:

* Why is it so important to you to raise awareness about Lupus?

* What is the one thing you'd like others to understand about your life?

* Who YOU know that will be wearing purple to support you? Thank them here.

Thank you all for allowing us to be a part of this and help raise awareness.

The WebMD Community Staff

lupylisa44 responded:
I sent the info to my fiance's office and they are going to support lupus by wearing purple!!! Yay!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR responded:
My office staff and I will be supporting this, we'll be wearing Purple on Friday, pictures will be posted on the above pages and also on:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dr-R-Swamy-Venuturupalli-MD-FACR/230466943735008

lyonsbj responded:
my daugther has lupus and it is hard to see her in pain most of time. i will be wearing purple and her family.

karenkeys responded:
I'm wearing purple. Great color

R Swamy Venuturupalli, MD, FACR responded:
Happy POP day to everyone supporting Lupus Awareness.

sirjimijames responded:
Elizabeth(webMD), thank you for all your support, knowledge, pro-awareness, & dissemination of the medical facts associated with Lupus & Autoimmunity. You may post this discussion as you wish.

Proffesionally yours,

Jimi James, Pharmacist, MS-Pharmacology sirjimijames@gmail.com

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Kudos to our WebMD Lupies and Dr. Swamy!

Love seeing Dr. Swamy and staff POPping the purple on FB.

I am amazed with The Lupus Foundation's FB pics, purple was worn around the world!

Keep up the good work lending support, advice to one another and creating awareness!

Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.