Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
so confused!!!
mgarrett67 posted:
I have battled raynoulds disease most of my life, had back surgery because of degenaration and couldnt deal with the daily struggles of pain controlling my life....About 9 months ago my GP said he thought I may have lupus did blood work and it came back positive for antigental lupus anf pulmonary thombosis but yet i was told its not lupus???? so continued going to the Dr Gp and RM for the flare ups as i call them, pain like ive been beat with a base ball bat and just tired all the time, these flares woild last for a week to a month and go away just like they came after wards I didnt feel good but better, so finally I became irritated with not getting anywhere and decided to call my DR out, ha said i never said you didnt have lupus were just not sure so he started me on plaquenil and a calcuim blocker...the last few days ive hurt as bad if not worse than before I had back surgery...
I take vicodin but no help and antiimflammatorys kill my stomach, I dont and cant live with this pain any longer...how long if anyone know does it take for plaquenil to help...????

lupylisa44 responded:
Plaquenil can take several months to start working.

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

mgarrett67 replied to lupylisa44's response:
I was told that, but this is the worse flare ive every had....and feel like ive been hit by a truck...My biggest issue is because it came back positive for antigulant lupus and pulmonary thombosis but not sle lupus there hesitant to treat it like such, i know plaquenil is a treatment for it and i was just put on steriods for imflamation but these are also used for RA...I dont want lupus but I do need a reason for this pain, I didnt have the scariest surgery of my life (level 3 fusion) to live in pain all over again...I just feel if taken more serious then ide have a medical plan in place and treatment options...Im a firm believer in being proactive whan it comes to health issues.. I hate feeling hopeless....

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Health Insurance in Your State

Learn about plans, benefits, and costs in your state's Marketplace.

From WebMD

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
75 of 105 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.