Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
benlysta
dozzi posted:
5 days ago I ask anyone about what they tell me how they felt after getting benlysta no replies is there anyone out there with any input

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi dozzi -

The community has been a little slow this week, so while waiting for other to respond I wanted to pass along a couple of older discussions -

Benlysta anyone tried it?
Dr. V - question about Benlysta

Hope this is helpful,
Elizabeth

yogogal responded:
I felt fine after my initial infusions (the 3 -2 week apart ones). I had a little dizziness and nausea, but my hip and foot pain was improved. For a week and a half prior to my first 4 week wait I felt awful. I had much dizziness, nausea, and horrible fatigue. Immediately after my infusion, I felt better. I still have mild dizziness but it is not bad. I am not quite 2 weeks post infusion and hope I don't have a repeat of the previous symptoms. I am having a lot of fluid retention that my Rheumatologist does not believe is related to the Benlysta. I am currently the only patient this practice has on Benlysta so I believe they are learning along with me.

tigermom23 replied to yogogal's response:
Hi, I have just finished the 3 bi-weekly treatments.....lets just say that the first two were horrible on side effects. I did notice a lessening of pain, the side effects didn't last as long after the first two. I am feeling better than I have in a while...but as the weeks go by until my first monthly infusion I am starting to have an increase in the pain and joint swelling....and all the normal lupus side effects. I can't wait for the constant dose in my body so it can regulate the pain control....hopefully. Good luck!

Jerri
Thank you, Good luck, and God bless
Jerri

ida507 replied to tigermom23's response:
I have been approved for this treatment but havent started it yet. Im getting really nervous about it. Ive had a flare for over a mth. now and I feel rotten to say the least. Do you think this benlysta is going to help you?

ida507 responded:
Im really wanting to know how it is working for everybody. I havent started my treatments yet and I'm a little anxious about it

tigermom23 replied to ida507's response:
yes, I really think it will.
Thank you, Good luck, and God bless
Jerri

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

IE Fix for Picture Cropping
We've found that some of our Members using Internet Explorer have issues with cropping images. If you're trying to crop your profile image ... More
Was this Helpful?
8 of 15 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.