Skip to content
Recently Diagnosed
Shelly_Belle posted:
Hello everyone! My name is Michelle. I'm new here and was recently (as in a month ago) diagnosed with lupus. My rheumatologist has yet to tell me which kind but I'm thinking it's SLE. I had been seeing her since January and she thought I had RA at first.

Well I was admitted into the hospital at the end of April with pleural effusion, a rash, and various other types of issues. After doing some more blood work (beside the usual ANA and CRP studies), she came to the conclusion that lupus is what I have.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello and Welcome Michelle!

Just wanted to stop to say, glad to have you join the community!

Let us know what you find out.

Elizabeth

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi Michelle!

Welcome! I am sorry to hear about your diagnosis of lupus. We're glad you found us! This board tends to slow down quite a bit in the summer so if you don't get an immediate response, that is probably why!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Blood Test Results
I found a useful website that lists various blood tests and gives the definitions and normal ranges for them! This website also has a wide ... More
Was this Helpful?
5 of 8 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.