Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
HELP !!!!! I THINK I HAVE LUPUS ... PLEASE READ !!!
soulmte posted:
HELLO,

I HAVE BEEN SICK WITH MANY SYMPTOMS & NO DOCTOR HAS BEEN ABLE 2 FIGURE IT OUT AS OF YET !!!
I AM BACK DOING MY OWN RESEARCH & IM FITTING THE SIGNS OF LUPUS 2 A TEE ... THE ONLY THING NOT MENTIONED IN SYMPTOMS IS PROBLEMS WITH YOUR G.I TRACT ... I HAVE SEVERE BOUTS OF I.B.S. & A REDUNDENT COLON ... I GO IN TOMORROW 2 HAVE AN UPPER ENDOSCOPY FOR BLEEDING IN THE STOMACH THAT WAS REQUESTED BY MY HEMATOLOGIST DUE 2 MY RED BLOOD CELL COUNT SOOO LOW ... HE SAID ITS EITHER BLEEDING IN THE STOMACH OR A TUMOR & SURE ENUF ( FOUND BY HAVING A CAPSULE ENDOSCOPY) THATS ITS BLEEDING ... I JUST PUT A CALL INTO MY HEMATOLOGIST RE: LUPAS , JUST WOULD LIKE YOUR OPINION ...
THANK YOU !!!!

SafariMom responded:
Hello,

Have you ever been tested for Celiac Disease? It has many symptoms of lupus and also the GI symptoms. I have read that sometimes they go together and people with Lupus also have Celiac Disease. I have also read that when someone with lupus go on a gluten free diet it really helps them.

Just some thoughts.

Bonnie

lupylisa44 responded:
It could be that you have fibromyalgia. There is a link between IBS and fibromyalgia

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

soulmte replied to lupylisa44's response:
THANKS 4 YOUR REPLY ... BUT I DONT , I HAVE CHRONIC FATIGUE AMONG A WHOLE LIST OF THINGS !!!!!
BEING TESTED NEXT WEEK !!!
THANKS 4 YOUR SUPPORT ...

soulmte replied to SafariMom's response:
HEY BONNIE ,
THANKS 4 YOUR REPLY ...
I HAVE ESEARCHED CELIAC DISEASE ALREADY & I DONT REALLY FIT THE PROFILE ... BEING TESTED NEXT WEEK 4 LUPUS , BUT MY DR. SAID THAT IF ITS NOT THAT THEN ITS DEFINATELY AN AUTO-IMMUNE DISEASE ...
AS FAR AS "GLUTEN" ...
I HAVE BEEB A LACTO- VEGETARIAN 4 OVER 20 & WITHIN THE PAST 6 MTHS HAVE TRIED 2 FOLLOW A "GLUTEN-FREE" & "VEGAN" DIET (MODIFIED) , & YES I AGREE THAT IT HELPS !!!
ILL KEEP U POSTED ...
THANKS AGAIN !!!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.