Summer Plans, Travel Tips and Staying Cool
Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff posted:
Traveling can be challenging for anyone who already is dealing with chronic pain, problems with sleep and trying to stay cool. Whether it's road trips or flying or just staying in a hotel or a strange bed in a family member's home, traveling can be difficult. How do you manage it?

Share your summer plans, travel tips for managing while on the go.

Elizabeth

lisatru62 responded:
Due to a recent death in the family I have been on the road and spent the past four days out of six in a hotel. One of my tricks is to always try and stay in familiar places. I have several go to hotels when I am traveling so I always know what kind of room I'm getting.

I also begin packing as soon as possible. I don't want to rush or forget anything. Having my meds is very important. While some may think I overpack (hubby) I like to have what I need or want while on the road. I also pack a cooler with snacks and water when traveling. I don't want to be subjected to whatever is available in fast food joints.

I've had to cancel highly anticipated trips due to my illness and it has been a bummer.Buy insurance. The worse thing is being sick in a hotel room, been there, done that. Try and take it slow and keep sightseeing to a minimum. Never overdo it.

Lisatru62

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff replied to lisatru62's response:
Hi Lisatru62 -

So sorry to hear about your recent loss, makes traveling all the more difficult.

What a great tip about purchasing insurance!

Anyone else have any tips or plans for travel?

Elizabeth