Skip to content
My life with Lupus
Rosie10deb posted:
I was told of having lupus 18 years ago by a blood test. It was as if someone knocked me to the floor. I had no idea what it was, I had a new baby and two teenagers at home that depended on me for every
thing. I had a job that was demanding, my boss even called me while I was in the labor room wanting to know where certain things were in his office. Can you imgaine! I think that the baby's grandmother finally asked him to quit calling. It has been one up and down hill battle ever since. I take so many med's, it is crazy. Lupus has taken most of my youngest son's years away fromhimas he worrys so much about me. Most of my body is changed, some parts are gone. But the one thing that it can not takr awayfromme is my love for my family, Husband-Children-Grandchildren, andthebest of all my faith in aloving God. Through all of the pain and yes there is alot of it Iknow that he has carried my through. Rosie10deb

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Very well said Rosie10deb!

Welcome to WebMD! We admire your attitude toward your family and how to deal with lupus.

Have to say I got a chuckle out of hearing your boss calling you while in labor! Wow!

Elizabeth

NanaJudy6 responded:
Yeah, Rosie..I feel the same and you are an inspiration to me as I am trying to accept hearing that I have lupus..I have searching for answers for almost three years now. At first, everything pointed to MS but I did not have active lesions so they started looking at lupus and at this point, this is what we are dealing with.

I, too, have alot of faith in my Lord and know he will see me through and that sustains me everyday. I have started Plaquenil about six weeks ago and am waiting to feel better, Dr says it can take up to 4 months to notice a difference. I am ok with that, have been hurting alot longer than that. Just want to know what to expect. Dr did not tell me alot when he told me results of my ANA..thinking he is waiting to see how I respond to the meds and will elaborate further when I go back to him.

You hang in there as I will and maybe we can help each other. I have not had alot of response out of this website so I was a little disappointed but I will give it another try.

Thanks,

Judy

Rosie10deb replied to Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff's response:
Thank you so much. Yes, he is the character. God's Blessing's

Rosie10deb replied to NanaJudy6's response:
I was not going to post my story either. I will be happy to help you in any way that I can. Our bodies do not respond well to any changes. Meaning- med's, enviroment changes, or if God help when we get a little thing like just a cold. Your Dr. sounds like my13 team of Dr.'s. As sad as it is we just have to do the waiting game. I will pray for you as time goes on, and believe me prayer does work. God's blessing's.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
93 of 123 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.