Skip to content
Help me with my diagnosis????
HideandSeek13 posted:
I'm 17 and have been experiencing joint pain that comes and goes. I also have been experiencing morning stiffness and both ankles swelled one day after walking. I also believe that I suffered from an allergic reaction to a mosquito bite which has never happened before. I broke out on my arms and legs. I also broke out on the side of my face about a week later. I also suffer from extreme fatigue especially after being in the sun. My ANA test came back positive. I had a 22 ESR and a low neutrophil count and high esophil and lymphocyte count. However my C3 and C4 were in the normal ranges. What could this be?

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hi HideandSeek13 and Welcome -

We are so sorry to hear you have been experiencing these symptoms. Click here for a link to another discussion that talks about diagnosing lupus.

Does any of this sound familiar? When do you follow up with your doctor?

Please keep us posted,
Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
78 of 108 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.