Skip to content
What's up Everyone?
lupylisa44 posted:
Well, here we are! Summer is coming to an end which means that the activity on this message board should be picking up a bit!

I, for one, will be happy for these insanely hot temperatures to go away!! We haven't seen more than 5 days under 90 since June here in Colorado!!!

Did anyone do anything fun or exciting this Summer? We didn't do much of anything, didn't even go on vacation this year! I haven't been feeling very well since my rheumy increased my dose of Cellcept. I have been having a really tough time with it, I have lost a lot of weight and I think 2500 mg is too much for my little 99lb body to handle! I
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

lisatru62 responded:
I will be glad when things cool down a bit also. It doesn't get super hot for many days here in the SF bay area but we get a few now and then.

Was able to make a four day trip to Las Vegas (talk about hot) for business. I wasn't able to go in May so this trip was really needed to keep my business going. Always on the look out for new vendors. I have to admit that it was tough. I hurt practically all the time and had to keep increasing my dosage of pain killers each day to keep moving. Glad to be home and using less again.

Still have some residual aches but seem to be doing better. I think that my lupus meds are starting to work. I've been taking them for a year and they said it will build up in my system and then start to keep my symptoms at bay. Seems to be working.

I think I will be staying closer to home for the rest of the year. Other than that it's been relatively quiet, which is good. Don't want any flares.

Lisatru62

lupycakes responded:
I'm sick of the hot dry weather too. We need rain so bad. My garden produced very little this year.

Did I do any thing fun this summer?? No, summer is my busiest time with all the weddings. I eat, breath and sleep cakes until the end of October. My poor right hand stays numb thanks to the carpal tunnel that is aggravated due to all the decorating.

Speaking of which, best get back at it.

Lisa

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
It's amazing that Florida has been cooler than many other parts of the country this summer.

My summer has flown by, my daughter started 2nd Grade last week and we are already back in the swing of things.

We spent a couple weeks at the beach. The first week my sister her 3 kids and a friend were with us. I took the week off of work and just lounged under a tent and read. The second week I worked, a friend and her 3 kids came down. The kids went to a day camp at a marine science station. They loved it!

Now gearing up for football season!

Lupylisa - Fingers crossed for cooler temps and feeling better, maybe Lupycakes can send some cake slices your way.

Lisatru62 - Hope you were able to enjoy just a little of the sights and sounds of Vegas!

Lupycakes - Love to hear about your cake business. I secretly want to be a wedding planner!

Who's next?

Elizabeth

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
18 of 18 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.