Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Anxiety & Depression
Anon_12898 posted:
Hello! I have Lupus, Hypothyroid and Behcet's Disease. I would like some natural supplement suggestions that might help combat anxiety and depression. I appreciate any information or guidance!

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi

I started taking Vitamin D3 (4000 i.u. per day) and am amazed at how much better I feel. Vit D3 is often called the "sunshine vitamin" and it helps me in many ways. My moods are much better and I don't get tendonitis or muscle aches as often as I use to. Many people with lupus lack vit D3 due to lack of sun exposure.

Magnesium Glycinate has really helped me with my fibromyalgia/lupus pain as well. http://www.livestrong.com/article/465889-magnesium-glycinate-information/

Low levels of vitamin B-12 and other B vitamins have been linked to depression. I would recommend taking a good B-complex vitamin daily to see if it helps.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/22007-vitamins-anxiety/

Make sure to check with your doctor or pharmacist before you take any of these to avoid an interactions with your current medication or for other contraindications.

I hope this helps

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

4inform replied to lupylisa44's response:
Thanks so much, Lupylisa! I've not heard of
Magnesium Glycinate. God bless you!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Minimizing steroid side effectsExpert
It is likely that most lupus patients will at some time be taking steroids to control some aspect of their disease. In order to minimize ... More
Was this Helpful?
75 of 105 found this helpful

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems to the
Food and Drug Administration

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.