Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Ages now and when you were diagnosed?
lisaca42 posted:
I'm just wondering how old everyone here is, and how long have you been living with Lupus? I'm really scared about what I am facing. I will be 50 in 3 days and display all the signs of Lupus (or MS). My Dr. is running more blood tests and I will get the results on Sept. 21st. Any questions I should be asking at that time? What do all the numbers on the test mean? Do I ask for meds right away for the tingling in my legs and being tired all the time. Any answers at all will help. Thanks

lupylisa44 responded:
Hi Lisaca!

I am going to be 48 in October and have been living with lupus for forever!!! I was diagnosed in 1983, but probably had it before that. Lupus is a very scary disease and it affects everyone differently. I have had a really great life despite having lupus. In 1999 I had to quit working and go on disability which I am still on. There have been some pretty severe "rough patches" that I have had to get through but I always seem to find something good in a bad situation. Having a positive attitude is HUGE! It is very important to your overall well being to stay positive. Granted, there will be times when positive is the last thing you want to be-and it is okay to feel that way!

There is a ton of great information in the Helpful Tips and Helpful Resources section of this board (on the right had side of the home page) I suggest you take a look, you may find answers to the many questions you have!

It's a good idea to keep a list of questions you want to ask the doctor, I am sure you will have quite a few! write them down as you think of them, that way you won't forget to ask them at your appointment. Make sure you write down all of your symptoms too, that way your doctor can prescribe meds he thinks appropriate for you.

As far as test results, there is a great website that explains all of them. Here is the link: http://labtestsonline.org/

Please keep us posted!

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.