Monday Check in 9/4/12 Evveryone please check in!
lupylisa44 posted:
Hi everyone!

I thought I would start Monday Check in again to see if we can get more activity going here! Monday check in is just to help everyone get to know each other a little better.

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! Did you do anything fun? We just relaxed for the entire weekend which was great! I feel rejuvinated today for the first time in a long time! I may even decide to start painting my bedroom today! I have been threatening to do it since June, but just keep putting it off. I also bought paint for my kitchen, which will be the next big job! It will be really nice when I finally finish it!

Last week I went to the Nephrologist and she gave me a new BP medicine called Tekturna. Is anyone else taking this? I am a little confused because there is a warning about taking it with kiidney issues, which is why I went to the nephrologist in the first place! She is thinking about doing a kidney biopsy. The last one had had nearly killed me! They hit an artery and I nearly bled to death!! I was in the hospital for three weeks after that! So it's easy to understand why I am a little hesitant about getting another one!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Lupyliswa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello all -

Lupylisa - So glad to hear you feel rejuvenated! Hope this continues and you get your painting complete!

We had a fun Saturday of tailgating and college football. So glad my 7 year old has inherited the football gene. She wanted to stay until the end! I would have been happy to leave in the third quarter, it was in the 90's!

I am still behind this week, love having a day off, but still need to fit five days of work into four.

Elizabeth

lupycakes responded:
Hey Lisa!

I'm late for the "Monday" check-in (as usual). There just isn't enough hours in the day for me to get my work done and not enough energy if I had the time. Between my cake business, my house and my family I have no time to rest, which we all know with lupus, it will come back to bite me in the rear!

I had blood work this week for my appt with the rheumy next week. Had two teeth cut out this past week ( thank you Sjogrens!) and we are still watching the lump in my jaw/cheek... The ENT surgeon said it was too close to a facial nerve and he didn't want to biopsy it unless he absolutely had too, so we are watching to see if it grows.

I still can't seem to find time/energy to exercise and I so need to lose weight! So frustrating!!

Well, guess I whined enough for one evening! Hope everyone has a pain free day tomorrow!!

Lisa