Skip to content
Monday Check in 9/4/12 Evveryone please check in!
lupylisa44 posted:
Hi everyone!

I thought I would start Monday Check in again to see if we can get more activity going here! Monday check in is just to help everyone get to know each other a little better.

I hope everyone had a great Labor Day weekend! Did you do anything fun? We just relaxed for the entire weekend which was great! I feel rejuvinated today for the first time in a long time! I may even decide to start painting my bedroom today! I have been threatening to do it since June, but just keep putting it off. I also bought paint for my kitchen, which will be the next big job! It will be really nice when I finally finish it!

Last week I went to the Nephrologist and she gave me a new BP medicine called Tekturna. Is anyone else taking this? I am a little confused because there is a warning about taking it with kiidney issues, which is why I went to the nephrologist in the first place! She is thinking about doing a kidney biopsy. The last one had had nearly killed me! They hit an artery and I nearly bled to death!! I was in the hospital for three weeks after that! So it's easy to understand why I am a little hesitant about getting another one!

I hope everyone has a great week!

Lupyliswa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

Elizabeth_WebMD_Staff responded:
Hello all -

Lupylisa - So glad to hear you feel rejuvenated! Hope this continues and you get your painting complete!

We had a fun Saturday of tailgating and college football. So glad my 7 year old has inherited the football gene. She wanted to stay until the end! I would have been happy to leave in the third quarter, it was in the 90's!

I am still behind this week, love having a day off, but still need to fit five days of work into four.

Elizabeth

lupycakes responded:
Hey Lisa!

I'm late for the "Monday" check-in (as usual). There just isn't enough hours in the day for me to get my work done and not enough energy if I had the time. Between my cake business, my house and my family I have no time to rest, which we all know with lupus, it will come back to bite me in the rear!

I had blood work this week for my appt with the rheumy next week. Had two teeth cut out this past week ( thank you Sjogrens!) and we are still watching the lump in my jaw/cheek... The ENT surgeon said it was too close to a facial nerve and he didn't want to biopsy it unless he absolutely had too, so we are watching to see if it grows.

I still can't seem to find time/energy to exercise and I so need to lose weight! So frustrating!!

Well, guess I whined enough for one evening! Hope everyone has a pain free day tomorrow!!

Lisa

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Hives & Rashes
I was just reading your post about hives. Egyptian Magic is amazing! It will almost always take them. It also helps with the pain itching ... More
Was this Helpful?
6 of 13 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.