wonderingin2012 posted:
I am a 40 year old female and here are my new symptoms in the last year:

Rash on wrist/arm
sore knee joints
"air-head" moments
weight gain
increased depression/anxiety
soft sticky stools (not normal for me)
more frequent injuries (clumsiness and more easily injured)

I know Lupus can display many different symptoms, but I keep coming back to it when I try to figure out what is going on.

Thanks

wonderingin2012 responded:
I forgot to say I am having kidney pain and elevated blood sugar.

lupylisa44 responded:
Have you had your thyroid checked? many of the symptoms you listed can relate to your thyroid being underactive. Ask your doctor to do a Full Thyroid Panel, not just the TSH test. I have an underative thyroid and my TSH is "in normal range" but I do much better on the very low end of normal.

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/doctors/a/10mistakes.htm

http://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/hypothyroidism-topic-overview

Lupylisa
With love, with patience and with faith, we'll make our way.

LStudley730 responded:
Honestly I would wait for the doctor as hard and horrible as that sounds it is the best advice I can offer you. I know exactly what you are going through for 9 months I was having all of these odd symptoms lymphnode swelling, stool issues, weight loss severly, to the point where my doctor was running tests and was convinced I had Cancer. I had begun saying my goodbyes, but they kept on finding dead ends, they found tumors in my Nasopharynx but couldn't remove it and one problem after another but for 9 months no direct answers. Finally by accident my husband (who also has Lupus) his Rheum. ran tests on me and came to find out I had Lupus. I would get all of the tests necessary to be done and never rest until you find the answer you are looking for because you know your own body!!!

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

StressExpert
There is a big connection between stress and lupus. Although it doesn't actually cause lupus, it certainly exacerbates it. An article from ... More
Was this Helpful?
16 of 16 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.