Skip to content
My WebMD Sign In, Sign Up
Lupus and menopause.
nature2601 posted:
Hi, I've Lupus since 1987 and now I am 43. I would like to know whether when Lupus patient reaching menopause, the disease will be in remission ?

nancyj95 responded:
I don't think menopause has much influence over lupus. Mine was actually diagnosed as I was going through
menopause and I've still never achieved remission (I've been diagnosed for almost 20 years). My disease always seems to be active. It didn't make it any worse or any better.
Wish it had disappeared with menopause!

MaryConcordNC responded:
Hi, I was already in menopause when Lupus was diagnosed. It has been pretty active the whole time, although I seem to have things in balance right now.

Featuring Experts

Dr. R. Swamy Venuturupalli is a board-certified rheumatologist practicing in Los Angeles. He is Clinical Chief of the Division of Rheumatology at Ce...More

Coping
With Lupus

WebMD's Day2Night will help you develop personal coping strategies for living with lupus – at home,
at work, or with family
and friends.
Visit Lupus Day2Night

Helpful Tips

Vitamin DExpert
Lupus patients are rightfully told to avoid the sun since it can flare the disease. But guess what... by doing so you are setting yourself ... More
Was this Helpful?
92 of 122 found this helpful

Related News

There was an error with this newsfeed

Related Drug Reviews

• Drug Name User Reviews

Report Problems With Your Medications to the FDA

FDAYou are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.